If you were ever looking for a shortcut to make something truly indulgent, this is it: a rustic chocolate “swiss roll” made with Sasko Quick Treats Chocolate Muffin Mix, filled with an oozing chocolate cream cheese frosting. Way too easy to resist…
Pour the prepared chocolate muffin mix in a standard lined baking tin, and bake it for 15-20 minutes until just done. Then roll it up in a tea towel sprinkled with caster sugar and let it cool. Fill with chocolate cream cheese frosting, and enjoy! One of the most convenient and delicious cakes with none of the effort. And remember: don’t stress if your rolled cake cracks open – just fill it with more icing and pour another cup of tea. This is the “billy goat cousin” of the more refined swiss roll. No effort, no stress, a bit wonky, but pure pleasure.
- 1 packet Sasko Quick Treats Chocolate Muffin Mix (add 200 ml veg oil, 200 ml milk and 2 XL eggs)
- 1/4 cup caster sugar, for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 175 g plain cream cheese
- 100 g butter at room temperature
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- Follow instructions on Sasko Quick Treats Chocolate Muffin Mix packet: beat oil, milk and eggs together in a mixing bowl, then add dry muffin mix and beat for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture in a lined shallow standard baking tin, then bake for 15-20 min until just done (don’t overbake as mixture will become dry and cracks will form more easily).
- Turn out on a clean tea towel sprinkled with caster sugar, then roll up (while still hot) in a log shape. Cool the log completely, then carefully remove tea towel.
- Cream butter and cream cheese untill light and fluffy using electric beaters, then add sifted cocoa powder and icing sugar and beat well untill light and creamy.
- Unroll the log carefully, then fill with chocolate icing and reroll. Fill cracks with more icing if necessary.
Tip: Other filling suggestions that work well is whipped cream or Nestlé Caramel Treat. Enjoy!